Defence Mapping and Production Mapping extension License

Jump to solution
02-26-2023 08:32 PM
AaronKua
New Contributor

Hi,

I have a defence mapping extension license for ArcGIS Pro 2.4. I have activated the license and am able to see the Topology toolbox.

However, some functions are greyed out, such as the Difference Polygon tool and Create Structure tool when I create features. I was told that the defence mapping license will include production mapping tools as well. I have downloaded the defence mapping product files as well.

May I know what might be the issue?

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your post.

On a machine, I have installed ArcGIS Pro 2.4 and I have applied Patch 3. I am running ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3. My License Type is Single Use and my License Level is Advanced. I have licensed Defense Mapping, but, I have not licensed Production Mapping. When I try to execute Create Structures or Difference Polygon, the construction tools are not enabled. When my cursor hovers over the tool a tooltip appears. At the bottom of the tooltip, you should see the following:

Available with Production Mapping license.

To enable the tools, you will need to license Production Mapping.

On a machine, I have installed ArcGIS Pro 3.1. My License Type is Single Use and my License Level is Advanced. I have licensed Defense Mapping, but, I have not licensed Production Mapping. The Create Structures and Difference Polygon construction tools are enabled. I can execute both tools.

Can you upgrade to the latest version of ArcGIS Pro? As of today, ArcGIS Pro 2.4 is retired as of July 01, 2022. Please refer to the following link:

https://support.esri.com/en/Products/Desktop/arcgis-desktop/arcgis-pro/2-4-3#overview

Regards,

Dan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Zoltan_Szecsei
New Contributor II

Shot in the dark here (I am not an ESRI user) but sounds like it could be a license issue.

Check the manual pages for the greyed out commands to see if they belong to an 'extension' that perhaps you don't have a license for.

Like Production Mapping.

HTH,

Zoltan

0 Kudos
DanHopkins
Esri Contributor

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for your post.

On a machine, I have installed ArcGIS Pro 2.4 and I have applied Patch 3. I am running ArcGIS Pro 2.4.3. My License Type is Single Use and my License Level is Advanced. I have licensed Defense Mapping, but, I have not licensed Production Mapping. When I try to execute Create Structures or Difference Polygon, the construction tools are not enabled. When my cursor hovers over the tool a tooltip appears. At the bottom of the tooltip, you should see the following:

Available with Production Mapping license.

To enable the tools, you will need to license Production Mapping.

On a machine, I have installed ArcGIS Pro 3.1. My License Type is Single Use and my License Level is Advanced. I have licensed Defense Mapping, but, I have not licensed Production Mapping. The Create Structures and Difference Polygon construction tools are enabled. I can execute both tools.

Can you upgrade to the latest version of ArcGIS Pro? As of today, ArcGIS Pro 2.4 is retired as of July 01, 2022. Please refer to the following link:

https://support.esri.com/en/Products/Desktop/arcgis-desktop/arcgis-pro/2-4-3#overview

Regards,

Dan