Is there anyway to script the creation of checks using a spreadsheet as input?

10-02-2014 02:52 PM
NeilCumbie
New Contributor

I have a spreadsheet where I've documented all of the checks I need for my database, which comes out to 250 geometry on geometry checks.  I have columns for every property of the geom_on_geom check and it seems like someone should be able to script these to auto-generate the rbj file.  The rbj file does appear to be just an xml file but each check does appear to have a 'key' that is some kind of GUID.  If it weren't for this GUID key, I think we could easily generate an XML file from my spreadsheet formatted just like the RBJ file and then just change the extension.  Anyway tried this?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor

At this time there is not a way to do what you are asking.  However, you can duplicate checks in Batch Job Manager, which can help in the creation/configuration of those 250 checks.

Identify the geometry on geometry checks with the same parameters.  For example, recently I had to create a check to look for overlapping line features for 40 linear event classes.  I created one geo on geo check for the first event class and then duplicated the check using the Populate All Feature Class Parameters and selected the remaining 39 linear event classes.  It will duplicate the geo on geo check with the same parameters for each of those feature classes I had selected.

Good Luck.

0 Kudos