Select to view content in your preferred language

Increase ReViewer Table Count

05-03-2012 08:44 AM
KyleMallas
New Contributor
How do you increase the Table count in 10.1?  When writting the errors to the ReViewer Table it only allows for 20,000 records.  In 9.31 I was able to do the following:

1. Open the Registry Editor (type regedit from  Start > Run).

2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PLTS.

3. Create a new key named Reviewer.

4. Create a new string value in Reviewer named MaxRecordLimit.

5. Modify the data value to the value you want (say 50000).???

Not sure this works in 10.1 

Why I ask is if I were to have 100,000 errors and the ReViewer Table only displays 20,000, if i go to options, select all and then delete, it deletes the entire 100,000 errors and not just the 20,000 being displayed in the Reviewer Table.  My suggestions is that "Select All" should reference what is in view of the ReViewer Table and not other records not being displayed yet.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
KumarBhardwaj
Occasional Contributor II
In ArcGIS Data Reviewer for Desktop 10.1, we have removed the previous 20,000 record limit and all records in a session can now be accessed in the Reviewer Table window.
0 Kudos
KyleMallas
New Contributor
Is the limit still 20,000 in 10.0?  If so how do you increase the count in 10.0?
0 Kudos
KumarBhardwaj
Occasional Contributor II
For a 64-bit Windows OS: 

1. Create the following Keys under Wow6432Node:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Production]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Production\10.0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Production\10.0\Reviewer]

2. Add a new string value under Reviewer.
3. Rename the string value to "MaxRecordLimit".
4. Modify the value of the string to match the no. of records you want to display in the Reviewer table.

For a 32-bit Windows OS:

1. The registry key is created directly under HKEY_Local_Machine\Software

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Production]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Production\10.0]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Production\10.0\Reviewer]

2. Add a new string value under Reviewer.
3. Rename the string value to "MaxRecordLimit".
4. Modify the value of the string to match the no. of records you want to display in the Reviewer table.
0 Kudos
MichelleJohnson
Esri Contributor
Though Kumar provided you with a method to display more than 20,000 records in the Reviewer Table, I just wanted to warn users that increasing this size can create instability with the Reviewer Table and cause ArcMap to crash.  That is why we have this 20,000 limit.  Please keep in mind that the number of records that the Reviewer Table can display in ArcMap is dependent on your machine configuration and what other applications that may be running.

We are happy to say that for ArcGIS Data Reviewer for Desktop 10.1, the 20,000 limit has been removed.
0 Kudos