Attribute Rule Changes, do they require republish of feature service?

05-11-2023 10:44 AM
NathanWestby
New Contributor

IF I change an attribute rule on my enterprise geodatabase with branch versioning enabled, and I am sharing that feature as a service to our portal, when I make that change do I have to re-publish the feature service to the portal or are the attribute rule changes picked up automatically from the geodatabase?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayCary
Esri Contributor

The need to re-publish the service depends on the nature of the change being made to the participating feature class validation attribute rules.

For Data Reviewer-based rules, changes that include the use of a new data source (such as the data source of the Features to Compare parameter in the Feature on Feature check) will require re-publishing if that data source is not already included in the service.

The same condition would apply when creating a new rule that includes a data source that is not already included in the service (such as including the destination data source when using the Relationship check) .

0 Kudos
AyanPalit
Esri Regular Contributor

@NathanWestby Assuming there was an attribute rule and parameter was changed, restarting the service should be sufficient. But, changes as cited by Jay will need overwrite of the service. 

Ayan Palit | Principal Consultant Esri
0 Kudos