Custom Fields in Data Reviewer for ArcGIS Pro

07-11-2021 12:30 PM
LisaBrimhall1
New Contributor III

Hello,

In ArcGIS Desktop, Data Reviewer supports custom (user-defined) fields. This isn't currently available in Pro. 

We find additional custom fields extremely helpful when reviewing and correcting errors since features are only identified by Object ID in the Reviewer Results table. It can be difficult to tell them apart, sort, or group them. We've added things like Street Name and Street Type (for our parcel, address, and street data). This helps us in several ways including - it's easier to work with more recognizable information and allows us to locate and work with features in the same area since they often suffer from the same errors and can be corrected as one group instead of one at a time.

5 Comments
JayCary
Status changed to: Needs Clarification

@LisaBrimhall1Thanks for the feedback!

Quick question: Are you suggesting that you would like to see custom fields added to Attribute (validation) rule workflows or Reviewer Batch Job workflows?

Thanks in advance for the clarification.

LisaBrimhall1

Hi Jay,

That's a good question. We are in the middle of migrating from ArcGIS Desktop to Pro and currently still use Review Batch Job workflows since all the checks we need haven't been migrated to Attribute Rules yet. I would say we'd like them in both locations, but I realize batch jobs are probably going away so having them in our ultimate destination - Attribute rule workflows would be great.

Thanks! Lisa

JayCary
Status changed to: Under Consideration

OliviaDeSimone

@JayCary My organization also uses this functionality in ArcMap. We use it to bring through unique IDs for our utility assets.

We would also like to see this functionality migrated to ArcGIS Pro. Thanks.

JayCary

@OliviaDeSimoneThanks for the feedback!

Follow-up question: In ArcMap, custom fields have been used to support multiple workflows. How would you anticipate using custom fields in a validation attribute rule workflow?