Select to view content in your preferred language

Generate Token for FeatureReader Transformer but all endpoints are read

a week ago
DMBowman
New Contributor II

We are moving to short-lived token authentication for ArcGIS Feature Service access, so the workbench was updated to self-generate the token.  The FeatureServer reader does not support passing the self-generated token.  I was able to add a  FeatureReader transformer, but it reads all the endpoints for the REST Service, which is 132 in total.  I only want the transformer to retrieve a subset of endpoints. 

I tried creating individual FeatureReader transformers for the specific endpoints; however, the Initiator port is being called and data are not passing through to the next transformer.  When the FeatureReader transformer calls the entire REST Service, everything passes through the Generic port, although this amounts to millions of source features being read.  Because features are getting stuck at the Initiator port, I added a GeometryExtractor transformer thinking that was needed, but it did not work.

I then tried using the HTTPCaller and GeometryExtractor, but the feature is rejected when I move through the ETL to generate a buffer for the individual layers; these are eventually meant to be written to a fgdbms.

I cross posted on the FME Community, but have not received a response.

0 Replies