Select to view content in your preferred language

Error 1000 when appending features to feature service

Jump to solution
09-01-2022 06:33 AM
StuartMoore
Frequent Contributor

i'm getting an error 1000 in Data interop when trying to append a set of polygons to an ArcGIS Online feature service

the error is: 

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: 'addResults' error for a feature in 'Missing Buildings'. The error code from the server was '1000' and the message was: 'Invalid column name 'Shape_1'.

Invalid column name 'Shape_3'.

Invalid column name 'Shape_5'.

Invalid column name 'Shape_7'.

Invalid column name 'Shape_9'.

Invalid column name 'Shape_11'.

Invalid column name 'Shape_13'.

Invalid column name 'Shape_15'.'

ArcGIS Online Feature Service Writer: 0 features successfully written to 'Missing Buildings', but the server rejected the 1 features in the last request due to errors. See warnings above. Aborting translation

ARCGISONLINEFEATURES writer: A fatal error has occurred. Check the logfile above for details

i can export the same to a FGDB without issue so i'm stumped 

any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohannaKraus2
Frequent Contributor

I was able to solve this by exporting the data I needed to append to a shapefile and then append it from the shapefile.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
rsalvaleon_esri
Occasional Contributor

@StuartMoore I found this Safe community question which has similarities to your issue.

https://community.safe.com/s/question/0D54Q000080hcL0SAI/dropped-and-renamed-fields-in-agol-now-the-...

Hopefully, the workaround will work for you. 

For additional help reach out to ESRI Support and we could attempt to identify the root cause.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
StuartMoore
Frequent Contributor

thanks @rsalvaleon_esri i think i am going to have to raise a ticket with ESRI it looks like the issue is the geometry of my polygons because if i remove the geometry i can append the data to the feature service.

ive even checked the geometry and in data interop and it didnt have any issues so....

Stu

0 Kudos
JohannaKraus2
Frequent Contributor

Did you get an answer to this?  I'm running into the same issue with a polygon feature service.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
JohannaKraus2
Frequent Contributor

I was able to solve this by exporting the data I needed to append to a shapefile and then append it from the shapefile.

0 Kudos
StuartMoore
Frequent Contributor

nope i couldn't get it to work in FME i just used append in Pro 😞

0 Kudos