Widget Display Requirements

03-01-2018 11:26 AM
deleted-user-iwYtitJHBIyn
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have just started experimenting with Operations Dashboard and really enjoy the interface.

I have a question regarding data display spanning multiple layers.

For example:

I have three layers (1 polygon and 2 points); one layer features 4 different polygons - call them "Boundary Areas A - D", another consists of a small number of point locations - call them "Sites", and the last one consists of a larger number of point locations - call them "Address Points".  All point locations, with varying numbers, can be found within each of these polygon areas.

At present, I have set-up 2 summary widgets per each of the Boundary Areas.  For instance, Boundary Area A has a count for the Sites in one widget and a count for the Address Points in another widget and so on through Boundary D.

I would like to have another widget displaying the result of a mathematical operation between each of these two windows...for instance...say there were 5 Sites and 200 Address Points for Boundary A...the operation would be the following...5/200 x 100 and the widget would display 2.5%.

Is it possible to perform such a calculation given that the calculated response spans two separate layers instead of all the information being contained within one layer?

Thank you.

Jeff

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff,

In your question, you mention "Summary widget"; Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS does not have a "Summary widget".

However, Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (which is a different app) does. Perhaps you are using the 'dashboard theme' in Web AppBuilder with the Summary widget?

I am moving your question to the Web AppBuilder discussion forum.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your response.

Please see attached screenshot.

This is the Summary Widget I was referring to in my posting.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Jeff

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jeff,

Apologies for the late reply, I was working at the EPC/Dev Summit conferences this week.

Ok, I understand now. You're working with the legacy Windows-based Ops Dashboard.

> Is it possible to perform such a calculation given that the calculated response spans two separate layers instead of all the information being contained within one layer?

What you're asking for (e.g., calculations across multiple layers) is not possible. But perhaps you could try this workaround"

- Add a new field to your address points layer to store information on 'sites';

- This new field could be a boolean value, like 'yes' or 'no';

- Once this information is stored in the same table, then you could calculate the summary values you're interested in

Also, are you using ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS?

• If the former, can you please try using the new web-browser based Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS? I assure you, it is much better and has more functionality.
  • If the latter, what release of Portal for ArcGIS are you using? If it is 10.6, then you can use the new Ops Dashboard as well.

Hope this helps,

Derek

0 Kudos
New Contributor II

Hi Derek,

No worries on the reply timing.

I “was” working with the legacy Ops Dashboard, but have recently “upgraded” to the browser-based Ops Dashboard.

We are using ArcGIS Online. I was able to perform the necessary calculation by using ModelBuilder. Works great!

Thanks for getting back to me.

Jeff