What data can we use in Operations Dashboard wigits?

03-26-2014 04:01 PM
CarmaGerber
New Contributor
Hello,

I am configuring an Operations Dashboard view and am at the stage where I would like to add some wigits.

The view will be used to monitor a valve and hydrant inspection program.

I click 'Add Wigit' and then choose, one of the wigit options, for example 'Gauge'. In the Data tab, I can choose which field I would like to configure my Gauge using. The Value Field drop down box, gives me 5 fields from my feature service to choose from. I assumed that these fields are available because they are all numeric fields. However there are a number of other numeric fields in my feature service which are not listed here. Other wigits have given me the same result.

Anyone know why? What makes a field available for use within the wigits?

Also - when I choose 'Count', the ability to select attributes is greyed out.

Many thanks in advance,
0 Kudos
6 Replies
TifPun
by
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Carma,

Could you check the service's REST endpoint and see if the numeric fields that are not available have 1. coded domains associated with them, and 2. whether one of the fields is a subtype field? Generally speaking, Dashboard filters out all non-numeric fields and fields with domains or subtype associated with them, the rest of them should be available to use.

For your second question, count is only for showing the number of all features based on your data source, and so it does not require the attribute fields. If you have a use case that needs to show feature count based on some attribute valuess, it would be great if you could share it with us.

Thanks and please let me know if you have more questions,

Tif
0 Kudos
CarmaGerber
New Contributor
Hi Tif

Thanks for getting back to me.

It appears that the only data I can use is numerical data in a Range Domain.

I have a feature class of assets. It is being used in an Asset Inspection Program. So essentially each asset is an 'inspection job' and I have a status field that shows an inspection job as being complete or incomplete. Actually the client wanted it set up, it's a Yes or No field with Yes for completed jobs and No for incomplete jobs. So this field is a numeric field with a coded value domain and 1 or 0 as the code for Yes (complete) or No (incomplete).

I would like to configure a wigit so that the project manager can see what percentage of asset inspections are 'Complete'.
So I can't do this because the wigits only recognize range domain data?

Carma
0 Kudos
TifPun
by
Hi Carma,

Thanks for confirming that range domain data works for you.

If you have a numeric field that is not the subtype field and does not have any associated domain, but is not listed in the Gauge's config window, it could potentially be a bug. Do you mind sharing the URL of the service to me so I can try to reproduce the issue on my side?

And for your second question about the feature count, from your given use case a pie chart might suit you more than a gauge. You can take the screenshot below as a reference. When the widget is set up, it will show both the percentage and the count of the complete and the incomplete features.

Thanks again and please let me know if that helps,

Tif
0 Kudos
CarmaGerber
New Contributor
Hi Tif

It is a numeric field that is not the subtype but does have a coded value domain which is why I think I am not seeing it in the config.

Carma
0 Kudos
TifPun
by
Hi Carma,

Yea that would be the reason why it's not listed..

Thanks,

Tif
0 Kudos
CarmaGerber
New Contributor
OK thanks Tif, it's all clear to me now.

It's a shame that this application is so limited. It would be nice to be able to really leverage from all of the data.

Thanks again for helping me through this. We will have to just use multiple web maps and definition query's to display project status etc.

Carma
0 Kudos