Webhooks and Dashboards

Jump to solution
07-13-2021 03:42 PM
GIS_Fox
Occasional Contributor III

Hi All,

I was curious if webhooks could be linked to Dashboards or if the webhooks had to be tied to the maps or Survey123 material being shown on the dashboard?

Eg, if an indicator gets to a certain number, a webhook would be theoretically used to send out CMS/Email notifications. Something similar.

Best regards & God bless,

Jansen Lyons - Records and GIS Section - Public Works - City of Rio Rancho, NM
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @GIS_Fox,

I was curious if webhooks could be linked to Dashboards or if the webhooks had to be tied to the maps or Survey123 material being shown on the dashboard?

ArcGIS Dashboards does not currently support webhooks. So in your example with the indicator meeting a certain threshold value, it is not able to trigger a webhook event. Sorry.

As you indicated, you would need to associate a webhook with your Survey123 data or a hosted feature layer.

Create a hosted feature service webhook in ArcGIS Online

Please submit an enhancement on the ArcGIS Dashboards Ideas forum.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @GIS_Fox,

ArcGIS Dashboards does not currently support webhooks. So in your example with the indicator meeting a certain threshold value, it is not able to trigger a webhook event. Sorry.

As you indicated, you would need to associate a webhook with your Survey123 data or a hosted feature layer.

Create a hosted feature service webhook in ArcGIS Online

Please submit an enhancement on the ArcGIS Dashboards Ideas forum.

Hope this helps,