Select to view content in your preferred language

Value label obscures gauge graphic

06-20-2023 03:30 AM
Labels (1)
MappyIan
Occasional Contributor II

I really like the  gauge element in Dashboards, as it's really handy for showing percentage values.  But I feel the actual gauge graphic could be larger as it doesn't occupy the available space at all:

MappyIan_0-1687256553828.png

The above image shows how it displays on a 1920x1200 monitor.  There is plenty of unused whitespace above and below the gauge graphic that could be used so that the gauge displays bigger.

Reducing the window size down to 1000x800 causes the Dashboard to display as shown below:

MappyIan_1-1687256652552.png

At this resolution Value label appears on top of the gauge graphic and obscures it completely.

I've experimented with the different gauge types (circle, horseshoe, and meter) but none of them display any better in my Dashboard.

I don't see any settings that allow me to control the size of the gauge or the size of the value text that is drawn on top.  What I'd really like to be able to do is position the gauge and Value text next to each other in the same way that is possible with the Indicator element which is used for the Trend value on the right hand side.  Does anyone know if this is possible in Dashboards?  Alternatively, is there any way to turn the Value text off completely as I could just add that in separately using an Indicator element?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
GIS_Ecologist
New Contributor III

Did you find a resolution to this problem as I have also noticed this flaw.

0 Kudos
MappyIan

Hi @GIS_Ecologist, no I didn't.  It's really annoying.  I'll submit it as an Idea as I can't imagine others haven't hit this problem too.

MappyIan

I've submitted this as an Idea, if you think it would be useful, please give it some love/kudos here (@GIS_Ecologisthttps://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-dashboards-ideas/improvements-to-the-gauge-to-prevent-label-bei...