Select to view content in your preferred language

Improvements to the Gauge to prevent label being drawn on top of the gauge graphic

08-02-2023 03:47 AM
MappyIan
Occasional Contributor III

This idea follows on from this question: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-dashboards-questions/value-label-obscures-gauge-graphic/m-p/131...

I really like the  gauge element in Dashboards, as it's really handy for showing percentage values.  But I feel the actual gauge graphic could be larger as it doesn't occupy the available space at all:

MappyIan_0-1690973099724.png

The above image shows how it displays on a 1920x1200 monitor.  There is plenty of unused whitespace above and below the gauge graphic that could be used so that the gauge displays bigger.

Reducing the window size down to 1000x800 causes the Dashboard to display as shown below:

MappyIan_1-1690973099605.png

At this resolution Value label appears on top of the gauge graphic and obscures it completely.

I've experimented with the different gauge types (circle, horseshoe, and meter) but none of them display any better in my Dashboard.

I don't see any settings that allow me to control the size of the gauge or the size of the value text that is drawn on top.  What I'd really like to be able to do is position the gauge and Value text next to each other in the same way that is possible with the Indicator element which is used for the Trend value on the right hand side.

Alternatively, if there was an option to turn the Value text off completely as I could just add that in separately using an Indicator element.

Tags (2)
1 Comment
RalexYalvem
  1. Strategic Label Placement: Strategically position the label adjacent to the gauge, ensuring it doesn't obscure the visual representation of the gauge's data, thus preserving its marketability.

2. Ample Spacing: Introduce sufficient spacing around the gauge to accommodate the label without compromising the aesthetic appeal or functionality of the gauge, enhancing its attractiveness to potential clients.

3. Dynamic Label Adjustment: Implement dynamic adjustment mechanisms that automatically reposition the label based on the gauge's dimensions, maintaining optimal visibility and enhancing the gauge's professionalism.

4. Layering Harmony: Ensure harmonious layering by configuring the label to appear either behind or alongside the gauge graphic, accentuating the gauge's visual appeal and reinforcing its appeal to discerning clients.

5. Enhanced Readability: Enhance the readability of the label by fine-tuning font styles, sizes, and colors, thereby maximizing its legibility and making the gauge more engaging to prospective buyers.

6. Seamless Integration: Seamlessly integrate the label within the gauge design, creating a cohesive visual experience that emphasizes the gauge's utility and elevates its marketability within the real estate sector.

7. User-Friendly Interface: Design an intuitive interface that allows users to easily interact with the gauge and its associated label, fostering a positive user experience and increasing its desirability among real estate professionals.

8. Customization Options: Offer customization options for the label's placement and appearance, empowering users to tailor the gauge to their specific needs and preferences, enhancing its appeal as a versatile real estate tool.

9. Optimized Visibility: Optimize the label's visibility across various devices and screen sizes, ensuring consistent readability and reinforcing the gauge's reliability as a valuable asset in real estate marketing efforts.

10. Feedback Mechanisms: Implement feedback mechanisms to solicit user input on the label's placement and visibility, enabling continuous refinement and improvement of the gauge's performance in real-world scenarios.

11. Brand Consistency: Maintain brand consistency by aligning the label's design elements with the overall branding strategy, reinforcing the gauge's association with trusted real estate services and enhancing its market credibility.

12. Continuous Enhancement: Commit to ongoing enhancement and refinement of the gauge and its label placement features, demonstrating a dedication to delivering top-notch real estate solutions that meet the evolving needs of clients and industry standards.