Using a list to filter a second list in mobile view

07-11-2023 03:20 PM
GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

I've got a large dataset of fisheries data going back to the 1980s for the entire state of Alaska.  The dashboard I set up for it uses a selector to select the data by district, or I can further filter the district data by fishery year.  So I'm using a district selector to filter a district list, and then the district list to filter a list of fishery district ID's and available years (District Year List).  The user can view and download the entire district dataset or a specified year in the district dataset.  There are three different data tables being used, all of which come from our SQL Server database.  

Unfortunately in the mobile view, there aren't any actions for lists, which in this case defeats the purpose of the dashboard.  Has anybody found a work around to use a list to filter another list?  I really don't want to redesign our database to make this work.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

I'm not sure there is a way to do this without a bit of a redesign, but one thought which might not be too much work is to add a second selector that displays the same information and performs the same filtering actions as the district list. Selectors can filter the results of other selectors.

0 Kudos
DavidNyenhuis1
Esri Contributor

The team is considering opening up action support on elements in mobile views for the next release. 

Regarding the download workflow, source data download isn't yet available on Enterprise services (but is targeted for Enterprise 11.2).

0 Kudos
GayleNeufeld
Occasional Contributor

Thank you - that would be great if you could open up action support on elements.  We have a work around for the source data download, but if it's going to be available soon that would be great too.

0 Kudos