Select to view content in your preferred language

Simple Dashboard Popup

08-08-2023 09:23 PM
FenHow
by
Emerging Contributor

Hello, I am really hoping I can find a solution because this is driving me crazy.

I have a pretty straight forward dashboard. I created a popup and it work perfect in both the new map viewer and the map viewer classic. When I create the dashboard with no additonal indicators, lists or tables etc. the pop ups work as they should,  as soon as I start adding say a list or an indicator they stop working. On all layers.

I have tried to dial it in but have no ideal why this is happening. 

Can anyone shed some light on this or aim me in some direction to start looking?

Many thanks.
Fen How

0 Kudos
3 Replies
IssyAmis
Esri Contributor

Hi @FenHow 

This definitely is something that should be working so there's a few things we can check to see what might have happened. 

Firstly, could you confirm that you have "pop-ups" checked within the map settings on the Dashboard? 

Could you also confirm whether the layer seems be selected at all when you click on it and the pop ups are just not appearing? 

Lastly, could you confirm that you have tried this with just the map widget and a list widget with no actions added on either? If this still does not work, it may be useful to try creating a new dashboard with just one of the layers and let us know whether this issue still occurs.

Thank you!

Issy

0 Kudos
FenHow
by
Emerging Contributor

Hi thank you so much. So how do I verify "whether the layer seems be selected" in the dashboard. I go to the layers and turn it on, and in the map view the layer I am wanting to use the pop up on is on the top.

Now, I created a new map with just the layer I want the pop up from, created a new dashboard with a list but no actions either way and it works! 

What could I be doing that would break it as I develop out the dasboard?

Thank you..

Fen 

0 Kudos
FenHow
by
Emerging Contributor

Issy, so for some random reason opened my dashboard in Firefox and no problem at all! works perfectly, every time and fast. I checked my settings in Safari and allow popups on all sites is turned on but it must be some other catch. For future reference my solution was to change the browser. I will continue to work and research Safari to see if I can learn why its blocking my popups in the dashboard and not in the web-map.

Fen 

0 Kudos