Use external API to feed dashboard

Jump to solution
04-05-2024 01:23 AM
N0MAD
by
New Contributor III

Hellow everyone
I'm currently working on a dashboard that show water quality in my state

I use data that my coworkers send me into a database but i notice that a company's API already have a lot of data on spots that none of my coworkers can go

So I am wondering, if the only way to use these data is to add a script that will each day get this API's data to upload it into my database of is there a way to use this API directly into my dashboard ?

I tried to search online but else the good results are buried under Esri's API pages else no one ever wondered this or tried

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

Take a look at
Custom Data Feeds | ArcGIS Enterprise SDK
or if you don´t have the latest ArcGIS Enterprise Version: Koop (koopjs.github.io) (same as custom data feeds, but not tightly integrated into ArcGIS Enterprise)

SimonSchtte_ct_0-1712314859490.jpeg

As you already wrote, you could code a script to get your API Data into a feature Service utilizing ArcGIS Notebooks, then schedule the Notebook

There is also ArcGIS Data Pipelines is Now Available (esri.com) now (quite new, so you need to check if it supports your use case)

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

Take a look at
Custom Data Feeds | ArcGIS Enterprise SDK
or if you don´t have the latest ArcGIS Enterprise Version: Koop (koopjs.github.io) (same as custom data feeds, but not tightly integrated into ArcGIS Enterprise)

SimonSchtte_ct_0-1712314859490.jpeg

As you already wrote, you could code a script to get your API Data into a feature Service utilizing ArcGIS Notebooks, then schedule the Notebook

There is also ArcGIS Data Pipelines is Now Available (esri.com) now (quite new, so you need to check if it supports your use case)

N0MAD
by
New Contributor III

Thanks, that was exactly what i needed