Select to view content in your preferred language

Tracking a vehicle using ArcGIS Operations Dashboard

Jump to solution
10-06-2015 03:06 AM
AhmadSALEH1
Frequent Contributor

Tracking a vehicle using ArcGIS Operations Dashboard

The following tutorial “Monitor and respond to activities and events” which was provided by esri for the Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS

http://doc.arcgis.com/en/operations-dashboard/windows-desktop/user/monitor-and-respond-to-events.htm

A section descripts how to Follow a vehicle as says “You can see the ambulances moving around the map as they drive around the city. During an operation, you may need to track where a vehicle is, keeping an eye on its progress by following the vehicle on the map. The followed vehicle flashes on the map to enhance its visibility, and the map remains centered on the followed vehicle.

But the question here how to let the ambulance driver update his location “the feature point” doses he needs to do it manually like adding a point where ever he goes just to let the user who is following the vehicle on the dashboard updated ??

Is there a method to let the ambulance “the feature point” moves automatically on the map when the ambulance moves such as the GPS. Do the ambience needs any hardware to be installed on it or this can be done using an ordinary Mobile device which has a GPS activated and connected to ArcGIS collector?

Best regards,

Ahmad Saleh

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
BrantCarman
Frequent Contributor

This info is very helpful, but I am having trouble figuring out how I might set a filter/query so that only the most current tracked location is shown on the map.  Could you please elaborate on how to set up the filter? 

Something like:

"CreationDate is on 'current date and time'" ?

Thank you.

-Brant

0 Kudos
BrantCarman
Frequent Contributor

I am tracking a user that is accessing a webmap with tracking enabled, via Collector.  The tracking seems to be working, and I was seeing a new feature created to represent my collectors location every 30 seconds, just as I had configured it. 

This worked fine, but I would like to be able to "follow" a user in a Dashboard that is set up similar to the Redlands Earthquake Response dashboard referenced here:

Monitor and respond to activities and events—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

The features that are created in my web map from my user that is tracked via Collector, do not seem to function the same way that the features in the Redlands Earthquake Response map do.  The features that are "followable" in the Redlands map seem to actually be updated with a current location, rather than creating a new feature every 30 seconds.

How can I set up my tracking layer to allow me to follow features like you can in the above referenced Dashboard app?

0 Kudos
EdwardGlover1
Occasional Contributor

Brant: I'm trying to do the same thing. Did you figure out a way to do it?

0 Kudos
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Edward,

You will want to look into ArcGIS GeoEvent Server.  This will provide you the functionality you are looking for. 

DambéSANWOGOU
Regular Contributor

Hi please can we have a demo option for GeoEvent Server ???

0 Kudos