Select to view content in your preferred language

Table field disappearing

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
lmarun
by
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I have a dashboard that is returning a list of open grants, each of which includes information such as funder, grant amount, eligibility, etc.

One field is due_date. Some of the grants are rolling/ongoing, so I've run into a problem posted in various place on the ArcGIS forum, being that even though I have that field designated as 'text', ArcGIS converts not only converts the dates (written as text) into dates, but also ignores the fields that have 'Rolling/Ongoing' and converts them to null. 

In addition, while I can see the due_date field in the table uploaded to ArcGIS, that field disappears when I try to refer to it in the dashboard.

Does anyone have any suggestions (even though I haven't found any solutions per similiar past posts) to the first, main problem of the transformation of dates written as text? Hopefully, this will prevent the second issue of that missing field in Dashboards as well. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
lmarun
by
Occasional Contributor

I found an easy workaround. I simply added a space in front of all of the dates.

I hope this helps someone else! 🙂

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
lmarun
by
Occasional Contributor

I found an easy workaround. I simply added a space in front of all of the dates.

I hope this helps someone else! 🙂

0 Kudos