Switch map on existing dashboard

Jump to solution
12-21-2017 11:18 AM
MikeOnzay
Frequent Contributor

Is it possible to switch the data source of an existing dashboard from one hosted feature service to a different one without affecting the existing widgets? I created a hosted feature view off of a hosted feature service the dashboard uses. The only difference is that editing is not turned on the view.

11 Replies
jzcgis
by
Regular Contributor

Did you ever found out? I changed all the '#####-layer-#" thinking that would do it and changed the id for just the webmap but is there anything else to change? I still am not sure what the stuff before the # means.....it would be really helpful if ESRI would just have some simple explanations with these things....

0 Kudos
josephgewin
New Contributor

In case others are still interested in this topic, I found this INCREDIBLY helpful!  I had a very complex dashboard with multiple elements that I wanted to redirect to a new WebMap and I was able to retain the integrity of all of my dashboard elements! 

I simply went to this link https://ago-assistant.esri.com/ , found my dashboard that I wanted to redirect, did a web page search to locate the original WebMap ID, and replaced the ID with my new WebMap ID.  (just FYI, the WebMap ID is located at the end of the URL when you are viewing your WebMap.  It's the numeric code that's followed by "....webmap=")  

Thanks to all who posted to help the greater GIS good!!!