Smart Mapping within Operations Dashboards

09-20-2018 12:45 PM
ChrisSnyder1
New Contributor

When will Esri support customization within the Operations Dashboard? For example Operational Views (the previous iteration of Operations Dashboard supported customization) but Operations Dashboard does not.  Specifically, I'm interested in pushing Smart Mapping from the ArcGIS Javascript API to the Operations Dashboard Maps.  From my understanding, this can only be done in Custom ArcGIS Web Apps.  Am I missing something or are there other options for symbolizing different attributes in maps within Operations Dashboard through drops downs similar to the app here, Greater Seattle Demographics .  Thank you in advance for your help.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chris,

> I'm interested in pushing Smart Mapping ... to the Operations Dashboard Maps ...

FYI, Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS does support smart mapping in web maps. So you can configure your web map as you like in either the ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS map viewer, then save your web map. When the web map is opened in Operations Dashboard, the smart mapping settings should be displayed and honored.

> are there other options for symbolizing different attributes in maps within Operations Dashboard

The isn't really in the design scope of Operations Dashboard, to enable advanced symbolization options in the map element. The workflow is to configure your web map display settings in the ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS map viewer first, then bring it into Operations Dashboard.

> When will Esri support customization within the Operations Dashboard?

There are currently no plans to enable this functionality. If you want a specific feature enhancement, please post your request on the ArcGIS Ideas page.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos