Sharing Operations Dashboard Outside of Organization

12-14-2017 10:49 AM
BrianLandes
New Contributor II

Is there a way to share an operations dashboard with people outside of my firm's ArcGIS account (people without accounts)?

Thanks

15 Replies
CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Hilary, 

That is interesting - I wonder if you open the app using their URL (externalorgname.maps...) can you access it okay?

If you can, you could try changing the URL in the story map from hilaryorg.maps... to externalorgname.maps and see if that resolves the issue. 

Even if it does work, I don't think this is an adequate workaround and a more indepth look is required - it could be worth setting up a screenshare with your local Esri support team to dig deeper and find the cause: https://support.esri.com/en/contact-tech-support

Carmel

Jodie_M_Gosselin
New Contributor III

I'm having this same issue. When I alter the URL as stated above the dashboard is viewable, but all of my widgets say "Not fully configured" and the map has no data shown. Any ideas why this is happening?

0 Kudos
JoshuaSkidmore
New Contributor

May be an issue with your sharing of the layers and map?  May need to switch the sharing to public?  All the pieces of the puzzle must be shared in order to make it work.  That would be the simplest answer, so its probably the wrong one, lol!

CarmelConnolly
Esri Regular Contributor

Definately a good place to start looking at! If it's difficult to find what isn't shared correctly, work backwards, is the webmap publically viewable/is each layer publically viewable?

Carmel

SusanneBell
New Contributor

This worked for my needs - I went back and made sure the map and workflows were shared with my organization. External (public) sharing is next so I am hoping viewable and not fully shared will work for external (fully open) application. It would have been nice if some of the components (e.g. chart) could have been printable, that data could be downloaded and that it was viewable on a mobile phone (in the same way as the Map App dashboard can). It was frustrating to figure out the sharing part this way but the dashboard App does work well once the sharing is open.

JoeBorgione
MVP Emeritus

I'm having a 'not fully configured' issue with my dashboard when viewed on a phone, both android and iPhone.  It looks fine on a desktop screen and functions fine.  None of my point data show up on a any of the maps, and the indicators are what show not fully configured.  They are all globally shared, but they were published as a map service.  Should they be a feature service?

That should just about do it....
0 Kudos