Serial Chart - zoom to features

02-26-2018 03:17 PM
JaromHlebasko
Occasional Contributor III

I have been using the Operations Dashboard desktop software for quite some time. I'm now migrating over to the new version; however, it's a little more difficult to understand. What I am trying to do may not be possible in the online environment. I created a serial chart (bar graph) for a feature category such as "Maintenance" and the graph shows exactly what I want it to show separated out into categories but I'm trying to click on one of those categories in the chart and have it highlight/select and zoom to the data in the map. Is this a possibility? It is in the desktop version but I may not be looking in the right spot in the online version. Any help would be appreciated!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jarom,

Enabling an event in the serial chart element is not currently possible in the recent Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS release. This is on the enhancement list and a high priority for us. We are working on enabling this functionality in a future release!

Hope this helps,

AnninaHirschi_Wyss1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Derek‌,

Is there also a plan to add a "zoom to" action in the selectors (and not only filter the features)?

And a bit in the same direction: Is there a plan to inherit the symbology from the feature layer/Web map in the charts (as it is the case in the WAB infographic widget) See also Matt Flowerday‌'s comment in Sync Colors of Symbology & Graphs in Operations Dashboard 

In general: Is there a public roadmap/blog post for planned Dashboard enhancements? This would be awesome to get an idea, what we can expect 😉

Thanks,

Annina

DerekLaw

Hi Annina,

Apologies for the late reply, I was working at the EPC/Dev Summit conferences this week.

> In general: Is there a public roadmap/blog post for planned Dashboard enhancements?

Below is a screenshot of the Ops Dashboard Dev road ahead slide that was shown at the EPC/Dev Summit conferences. Be advised: content is not final and may change.

Hope this helps,

AnasObeidat
Esri Contributor

Derek Law‌ 

Is the Ops Dashboard road ahead presentation available ? are you going to share it ?

Thanks 

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Anas,

Apologies for the late reply, I was out of the office on vacation last week.

> Is the Ops Dashboard road ahead presentation available ? are you going to share it ?

There is no Ops Dashboard road ahead presentation. I already shared the one ppt slide on what's coming in my previous post.

Hope this helps,

DerekLaw

Hi Annina & Anas,

FYI, blog on what's coming in the next update for Operations Dashboard with the ArcGIS Online April 2018 update,

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/operations-dashboard-for-arcgis/blog/2018/04/0... 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DavidVidovic1
New Contributor II

Yes - I also need need a feature like this. If the Selectors could access the bookmarks in my web map, and "zoom to"  the corresponding bookmark extent, that would be very helpful.

My web map has different areas of interest, and I have configured different Dashboard elements such as Indicators for these areas of interest.

The only way to elegantly display Indicator information (without having to create an Indicator for every single area of interest), is by using the Selectors.

The current problem is while info in the Indicators is updated with a Selector is clicked, the map extent doesn't/cannot change to match the user selection.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi David,

Apologies for the late reply. I have been out of the office on business travel the last several weeks.

> I ... need a feature like this. If the Selectors could access the bookmarks in my web map, and "zoom to"  the corresponding bookmark extent, that would be very helpful.

Please post your enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site, under Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS. In this way, we can assess the interest from the user community and it will help us prioritize the enhancement.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

FYI,

Just to close this thread, the ability to trigger an action from a chart selection was added to Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS in the ArcGIS Online April 2018 update.

https://community.esri.com/community/gis/applications/operations-dashboard-for-arcgis/blog/2018/04/0... 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos