Select to view content in your preferred language

Serial chart displaying date data values that begin with MM/1/YYYY as the day before

Jump to solution
Wednesday
triimae
New Contributor

This is a bit difficult to explain but the issue is rather simple but not sure how to fix it or if it's a bug.

I'm using the serial chart to display what year assets were installed. The category field that I am using is a date field format so MM/DD/YYYY. When I set up the serial chart, I put Year as the minimum period so that the chart would just pull the year and show the count of installations completed.

I'm finding that features that have their installation date listed as 1/1/2005 in ArcGIS Pro, the serial chart data table lists them as being installed in 12/31/2004 so the chart ends up displaying the year as 2004. This is happening to other dates like 3/1/YYYY in Pro is displayed as 2/28/YYYY in Dashboard Data Table.

Is there a way to fix this?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is usually caused by the not setting time zone setting in your data. If you don't specify the time zone of the data, it defaults to UTC. When this is converted to your local time in the dashboard, it sees this as the day before in the Western Hemisphere. Can you specify the time zone?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
KenBuja
MVP Esteemed Contributor

This is usually caused by the not setting time zone setting in your data. If you don't specify the time zone of the data, it defaults to UTC. When this is converted to your local time in the dashboard, it sees this as the day before in the Western Hemisphere. Can you specify the time zone?

triimae
New Contributor

Oh, I understand now. You're right, I'm 5 hours behind UTC and looking at the dashboard's data table, the times are listed as 7 pm. I don't have permission to edit the time properties, so it'll probably have to stay that way.

Thank you!

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could use a Data Expression and shift all the time values, maybe?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos