Sending a Query URL from one iFrame to a Map in the other.

02-03-2022 12:15 PM
Firecat
New Contributor

Hello. I created a very basic Dashboard with two embeds. On the left side is a Power BI link, and on the right side is a Portal map.

The Power BI report shows up, and so does the map. In the report, I've constructed a hyperlink that uses a query parameter that references a specific polygon record id that exists over in the map.

The hyperlink is constructed so that it references the web page that the Report lives in. What I'm trying to accomplish is getting the map on the right side to update each time a link is clicked. But doing it this way generates an error: ?f=json status: 400. If I use the Report from my desktop (not embedded) then the link will fire up a new instance of the Dashboard for each click. So after 10 clicks on the report hyperlink, I now have 10 tabs open in the browser. That is what I'd like to avoid/solve. I want the report on the left side to update the map on the right side each time a hyperlink is selected from the report

Has anyone done this? Is it even possible? I was thinking that if there was a way to specifically target the map frame in the hyperlink, that that might work, but I'm not seeing how that might be accomplished.

Hopefully this makes sense. If anyone has any suggestions, I'll gladly try them out.

Thanks,

Bill

0 Kudos
0 Replies