Select to view content in your preferred language

"No Target Field" in Date Selector for Dashboard

02-16-2024 02:31 PM
RobertBoxerman
New Contributor

Hi all! I have a dashboard that displays crime incident locations. I have a category selector that works perfectly. I would like to add a Date Selector so that users can select a date and view the incidents from that day.

When I add a Date Selector, the interface says "No Target Field" to pick a date from. The layer with the crime incidents does have a Date field, and when I view the layer in the map viewer, the interface does in fact recognize the field and that it is formatted as a date. 

Any thoughts? I'm at a loss!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

You need to look at your dataset and verify that your "date" field is actually defined as a date field. Based on what you're describing, the date field may actually just be a text field with dates stored in it. That won't work for date orientated widgets.

In Portal / AGOL, you can go to your hosted feature layer and look at the Data section and field information. You should see the word Date as the field type:

portalDateFieldExample.jpg

Alternatively, you can go to the REST endpoint of the service and confirm it the same way:

restDateFieldExample.jpg

michelle-maps
New Contributor II

Same thing is happening to me. The fields say that they are a Date type, yet they don't appear as an option. Did you ever find a resolution?

michellemaps_0-1716336261232.png

michellemaps_3-1716336294869.png

0 Kudos
rogue_recon
New Contributor II

This is happening to me, too. I made sure to create it as a Date field and it's not showing up in Target Field for the date selector. Does anyone find a fix for this? 

0 Kudos