"No data" on Dashboard widgets or showing in map since updates

Jump to solution
03-25-2022 02:28 AM
MichaelMole
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have an issue relating to my dashboards not showing any data anymore. The map in the dashboard is also not showing any features. However, when I re-add the same map again, the data does shows no problem. 

The error only started after the recent updates on 17 March. 

I am getting the following issue/error in the console when the dashboard loads. 

MichaelMole_0-1648200250467.png

The feature layer that is not loading is a hosted feature layer view.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. 

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelMole
New Contributor II

It seems the preset filters were the issue. 

A number of filters were pre-set to open when the dashboard opened, the order of these pre-set filters had swapped around. I have no idea if this was something that anyone else has experienced. But it seemed to have taken place on all of the dashboards I had running. 

Thank you for the useful tips. The comments made me dive a bit deeper into the problem. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Just to understand this, you can re-add the layer and it shows, but the existing layer won't? That seems very odd indeed.

Any chance the dashboard is public? If not, I'd suggest watching the Network tab of your browser's developer tools, to see what the dashboard is trying to do, and what response it is (or isn't) getting.

I'd also like to mention the AGO Assistant here. Updating a Dashboard to look at a new data source without re-configuring every single widget can be time-consuming, but with the AGO Assistant you can open up the JSON and simply find/replace service references from an old layer to a new one. So if the re-added layer shows up just fine, you could:

1. Add the new layer to the map and save
  2. Open the Dashboard JSON
  3. Find all references to the old layer
  4. Replace with a reference to the new layer
  5. Make sure the dashboard is working properly now
  6. Open the map and remove the old layer, save
- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
SandraLuken1
Esri Contributor

Is the original dashboard, without the re-added map, still showing the same issues today? Also wondering if there is a sample dashboard or if perhaps the original dashboard had a map extent filter to the elements that were showing 'no data'. 

0 Kudos
MichaelMole
New Contributor II

It seems the preset filters were the issue. 

A number of filters were pre-set to open when the dashboard opened, the order of these pre-set filters had swapped around. I have no idea if this was something that anyone else has experienced. But it seemed to have taken place on all of the dashboards I had running. 

Thank you for the useful tips. The comments made me dive a bit deeper into the problem. 

0 Kudos