Question about prevent people from seeing it until it is completed ?

05-11-2021 10:09 AM
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

My supervisor has handed me a project that I am going to work on. It is still in the lawsuit . I am not saying where or why .... but I want to ask a couple of question I have in my mind.

So, if I want to get start in advance and work on it while it is still on hold.  

Can I do that and can I prevent it from displaying out in on our AGOL organization  in both in the public AND our office ?

Once when I hear from my supervisor to display in the public, I will then do that..

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you are the owner of the content (Maps, apps, layers, etc.), you may choose NOT to share the content with the organization, groups or public (everyone). Keep Sharing Level with Owner only (Default).

In case any content is already shared, you can change the sharing level in My Content tab of ArcGIS Online.

JayantaPoddar_0-1620757053074.png

JayantaPoddar_1-1620757100981.png

Note: The administrator(s) of the organizational account can access the content under any user's profile.

Think Location
0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

advertising the fact here isn't a good idea... especially if you don't get the sharing level right 😉

... sort of retired...
0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Do you suggest me that to not  do it and let it wait until my supervisor to say go ahead ?

@DanPatterson 

0 Kudos
PROBERT68
Frequent Contributor

Thank you .  Found out that the project I was planning to work on wasn't sensitive.  It turns out to be a different project... but thank you 

0 Kudos