Select to view content in your preferred language

Point Zoom Scale ignored for zoom action

03-09-2023 02:36 PM
Labels (1)
RandyMcGregor3
Occasional Contributor III

I have set a zoom action on a category selector with a point layer loaded. The zoom goes to a scale that appears to be about 1:100. Way too far in to be useful. The default Point Zoom Scale is 10,000, but it is ignoring that. I tried to change it but to no effect. I've used this action a lot and have never had this experience. It may unique to my setup in which case very hard to diagnose, but if this has ever come up before, I'd love to hear about what fixed it.

Thank you,

Randy McGregor

5 Replies
MiltonSolano
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Folks,

I have the same question: it doesn't matter what you write in the Point zoom Scale, the value is ignored and the zoom goes all the way to 1:10 for each point! As Randy mentioned, is way too far to be useful.

How can we fix this?

RandyMcGregor3

I should have posted a follow-up. Sorry. For me, this was fixed by changing the 'Categories from' setting in the category selector from 'Grouped values' to 'Features.' This worked because my input was a feature class with a single feature per value. If you have multiple features with the same value, you need 'Grouped values' but this setting appears to have trouble when zooming to single points. It zooms to multiple points fine.

RandyMcGregor3_0-1678721719831.png

0 Kudos
RandyMcGregor3

You did not used be able to generate 'zoom,' 'pan,' and, 'flash' actions from a 'Grouped values' category selector. This seems to be a (relatively) new functionality, but glitchy with zooming to single points?

0 Kudos
NorthArrow
New Contributor II

I am also interested in getting an update on this glitch. 
Point Zoom Scale does indeed work for feature selectors but not for grouped values selector and I cannot come up with any rationale why it wouldn't. 
Can the ESRI team please provide an estimated time to fix? Thanks!

JerrySneary
New Contributor III

Hi @JamesTedrick,

Do you have any ideas on this? I'm having the same issue when I group values.

0 Kudos