Operations Dashboard: Filter layers on common attribute?

08-06-2021 04:09 AM
Labels (1)
CarolineBroughton
New Contributor II

Hi everyone,

I'd like to be able to set up an action on a filter that will filter another layer based on a common attribute. More specifically: I have a layer which contains road traffic accidents with a unique ID (id_accident). I have 2 other layers (casualties and vehicles) which relate back to the accidents layer with a matching id_accident field. If I filter the accidents layer on severity, I'd like this to then filter out any features from the other 2 layers which don't have a matching id_accident value. Basically, exactly what is possible as a layer selection via the map widget (seen in the below screenshot), but on a selector widget instead. Does anyone know if this is possible?

CarolineBroughton_0-1628247959093.png

I do have relates set up between the accidents and casualties/vehicles layers, but I'd like to be able to set up filters based on the fields in the casualties and vehicles layer, which is why I have them mapped as separate layers too.

Any suggestions much appreciated!

Caroline

3 Replies
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

You can try accomplishing this in one of several ways.

1. Using the group filter widget which will allow for you to filter two separate layers by a common attribute.
  2. Creating multiple filter widgets that meet the criteria and set the overall filter setting to match all filters.
  3. Using a combination of either the group, query, or filter widgets.

Give these options a try and see if any of these help.

0 Kudos
AleksiKrankka
New Contributor II

Hi Caroline,

Did you ever figure this out? I have very similar problem and I just can't get my head around it.

-Aleksi

0 Kudos
CarolineBroughton
New Contributor II

Hi Aleksi,

I didn't ever figure out a way doing it in a dashboard, no. I can't recall if RPGIS's suggestions worked - possibly the group filter did but that's in a web map rather than dashboard. Sorry, it was a while ago now 🙂

0 Kudos