Select to view content in your preferred language

Operations Dashboard Bug? - Labels in Map Prevents Dashboard Browser View from Loading

09-12-2014 08:33 AM
DanAllen
Frequent Contributor
  1. Create ArcGIS.com map with a feature service hosted in ArcGIS.com
  2. Create Operation Dashboard View (desktop windows)
  3. Log into ArcGIS.com, and Open web version of Dashboard in Browser - Everything works great.
  4. Turn on labels in ArcGIS.com map
  5. Open Web version of Dashboard in Browser - Map never loads
  6. Turn Labels off In ArcGIS.com Map
  7. Open Web version of Dashboard in Browser - Map Still does not load

Is anyone else able to reproduce this error?

Dan

Tags (1)
23 Replies
FrancescaGonzalez
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Crhis, I understand perfect, but in collector the same thing happens?

Https://www.screencast.com/t/6wjfeyA1B6  

0 Kudos
KevinBurke
Esri Contributor

Hi Francesca,

My name is Kevin and I work on the Collector team. With regards to your last post, I was able to view your video.

The reason why your labels and symbology aren't displaying when the map is opened in Collector is because the current version of Collector doesn't support labels and also doesn't support Arcade Expressions, which your symbology is based off of.

We're currently working on the next generation version of Collector that we should be releasing for beta in the upcoming months. I am not sure that labels or support for Arcade expressions will make it into the first beta, but we plan on releasing a series of beta versions throughout the next several months that should address those as well as many other current limitations. Please keep an eye out for any upcoming blog posts regarding this new version of Collector and for more information about it.

Thank you.

-Kevin

FrancescaGonzalez
Occasional Contributor

Thanks

0 Kudos
AllanLambert
Emerging Contributor

Labels in Dashboard.  My workaround in the new online Dashboard was to add my map with labels as Embedded Content URL instead of adding as a Map.  I don't know if Embedded Content has always been in the dropdown with graph, pie chart, map, serial chart, indicator, but it works.  I can't tell the difference between adding as a Map vs adding as Embedded Content.  I can also use the Batch Editing widget in the map within Dashboard.

0 Kudos