Select to view content in your preferred language

Operation View in browser - Summary Count widget shows (null)

03-18-2014 06:26 AM
KjetilNymoen
New Contributor III
Hi.

I downloaded the latest version of the Operations Dashboard, and created a very simple Operation View. I did add the Summary Widget, where I do a count on features. I am not using any Filter on the Data Source. The Data Source is a point featureclass.
I only want to show the number of features. Simple 🙂

It works well using the Desktop application.

But when I open the Operation View in a browser, the Summary Widget only shows (NULL)...

Is this a known bug ?
0 Kudos
29 Replies
Kylie
by Esri Regular Contributor
Esri Regular Contributor
Looks like the map uses a feature service that I don't have access to.
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
KjetilNymoen
New Contributor III
Looks like the map uses a feature service that I don't have access to.

Kylie: I have now updated the webmap and operations view. Now you should be able to use it. Using Desktop I do get a count of 48. Using IE as browser, I do get a count of 114 !!!
You can also use the layer filter called "Reported", and you will get different counts.
0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor
I am able to see this with the map and operations view that you shared. I will check it out.
Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AlexanderBaker
New Contributor III

We have same issue... Summary widget displays counts perfect on desktop operations dashboard but says 'No Data' when viewed through browser.

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Could you share the map with a group and invite kylie_org to that group? This issue was resolved in a previous released of the web version of Operations Dashboard (sorry for not chiming in again over here and wrapping it up!)

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AlexanderBaker
New Contributor III

I do not have administrative privileges to invite you to join a group...

We have a web map using services on our server... the web map is shared with the organization....

Do the services have to be added to AGOL contetnt within the web map & have their own share settings within the organization?

0 Kudos
Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

No, you won't have to add all your services as AGOL items.

I don't have access to content that is just shared with your organization. If you can create a public repo case, I'd be happy to take a look (just post a link to the map). Otherwise, you'll probably have to work with support to figure out what is going on.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
AlexanderBaker
New Contributor III

On the left is the widget shown within the Desktop Operations Dashboard

On the right is the widget displayed within the Browser

'No Data' within the web version of the dashboard even though item is shared within organization I am apart of...

desktop.JPGweb.JPG

Kylie
Esri Regular Contributor

Sorry if I wasn't clear. I believe what you are seeing, but to figure out why we'd have to be able to see the same thing. We'd need to see the data that is being used, as well as the operation view.

Esri Education Team
0 Kudos
KarenLandicho
Esri Contributor

Hi Alexander Baker​! Are there any updates in your end? I'm currently having the same problem with the browser version of Ops Dashboard.

Thanks,

Karen

0 Kudos