Operation View in browser - Summary Count widget shows (null)

03-18-2014 06:26 AM
KjetilNymoen
New Contributor III
Hi.

I downloaded the latest version of the Operations Dashboard, and created a very simple Operation View. I did add the Summary Widget, where I do a count on features. I am not using any Filter on the Data Source. The Data Source is a point featureclass.
I only want to show the number of features. Simple 🙂

It works well using the Desktop application.

But when I open the Operation View in a browser, the Summary Widget only shows (NULL)...

Is this a known bug ?
0 Kudos
29 Replies
ChristopherOlsen
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Karen,

Can you share the data and view with me in a group?  You can add my user account- colsen_esri,  Or if the data is public, can you share the links?

Thanks!

Chris

0 Kudos
DownerNew_Zealand
New Contributor III

We are seeing the exact same issue with the Operational Dashboard browser viewer hosted on our Portal. The same service will work with a bar chart but not with a summary or gauge widget. Strange stuff. Would love to get some insight into this.

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

Hi Ryan,

Can you share the data and view with me in a group?  You can add my user account- colsen_esri,  Or if the data is public, can you share the links?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos
DownerNew_Zealand
New Contributor III

Hi Chris,

The dashboard is hosted on our ArcGIS portal. I've created you an account, shared the map and sent you the access details.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
KarenLandicho
Esri Contributor

Hi Chris,

The data source of my summary widget that displays "No Data" message is an Oracle View table (Oracle 11g) that I published in one of my on-premise map services. I added the service URL of view table as an external data source in Operations Dashboard to be able to use it in the Summary widget. Unfortunately, you will not be able to access my on-premise map services. So, as an alternatively I attached here the screen shots of the widgets panel my Operation Views both in Windows and Browser versions.

The photo on the right is OpDashboard-browser version while the photo on the left is the Windows version of the OpDashboard. I think it is important to take note that the two widgets (Summary and Bar) have the same data source (Oracle View Table) and the bar widget works fine in both versions of OpDashboard.

OpDashboard-Browser.png                                       OpDashboard-Windows.png

(Browser Version)                                                                                     (Windows Version)

Thanks,

Karen

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

Hi Karen,

Your issue (maybe different from Ryan's) is BUG-000088087 - The count value in the Summary widget in Operation..

We're currently looking in to this issue.  The fault could be tied to the Object ID field, which we're investigating.  If you look at your table layer in REST, does it have the ESRI_OID as it's Object ID field?

0 Kudos
KarenLandicho
Esri Contributor

Hi Christopher,

I apologize for the late response.

My Oracle table has an ID field. When we publish the table, the ID is being read as ObjectID in my REST directory as shown in the picture below:

AttributeFields.png

Thank you for taking time looking at this issue. One of our clients is planning use the browser version of the OpsDashboard using the same set-up from my previous post so this concern is really critical to us. Hoping for a positive response soon.

Regards,

Karen

0 Kudos
ChristopherOlsen

OK, yours might be a different issue then.  The screenshot tells a lot- your OBJECTID field is just a name, not a true OID field since it's an integer field.  A true object ID field is maintained by the database and has a specific field type:

This could be the problem and can cause widgets to fail. Can you try with another layer/table that has this field with the summary widget and let me know?

0 Kudos
KarenLandicho
Esri Contributor

Hi Christopher,

I added another REST URL of an on-premise layer (data source: enterprise (Oracle 11g) geodatabase feature class) as an external data source in Operations Dashboard to be able to use in another Summary widget (please refer to the screenshot below):

ViewTableVSFeatureClass.png

As shown above, the 1st Summary widget is accessing an Oracle view table and as mentioned from my previous its just displaying a "No Data" message. On the other hand, the 2nd Summary widget is using the newly added external data source (which is a feature class) with no issues. Furthermore, same problem exists when using the Oracle View table for Gauge widget. No issues were encountered for other widgets.

Thanks,

Karen

0 Kudos
Terri-AnnGrant
New Contributor

i am having the same issue with the online dashboard. All the figures are wrong and do not correspond with the attribute table. Was there ever a fix for this? 

0 Kudos