Operation dashboard crashes all the time

03-13-2013 05:25 PM
BenoitMetzger
New Contributor II
Hi there,

Operation Dashboard crashes a few minutes after I launch my dashboard (usually during the first few minutes). I deleted the map, dashboard, tried again and am still getting the same error.

My map contains a single feature service layer.

Any help / comments on this would be greatly appreciated (I am using v 10.1.1.142 trial version).

Cheers.
0 Kudos
23 Replies
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor
Hi Benoit,

Can you share your operations view with everyone so I can take a look and also provide the name to your view. What OS are you using to run Operations Dashboard? Do you have .Net 4.5 running on your system?

Thanks
Carol
0 Kudos
BenoitMetzger
New Contributor II
Hi Carol,

thanks for your reply... for some reason it was crashing since I installed it for the first 2 weeks, but its ok now (I didn't do anything at all)...

I am using Windows 7 - 64Bit and have .Net 4.5 running on it. I would still like to understand what happened so I made the view public. It is called "Plantation dashboard".

Any comments / leads would be great.

Thanks again.
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
Have you further details in Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> application ?

for check if you have 4.5 you can run code kind this:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System;
using Microsoft.Win32;

namespace ConsoleApplication1
{
    class Program
    {
        public static void Main()
        {
            using (RegistryKey ndpKey = RegistryKey.OpenBaseKey(RegistryHive.LocalMachine, RegistryView.Registry32).OpenSubKey(@"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\NET Framework Setup\NDP\"))
            {
                foreach (string versionKeyName in ndpKey.GetSubKeyNames())
                {
                    if (versionKeyName.StartsWith("v"))
                    {

RegistryKey versionKey = ndpKey.OpenSubKey(versionKeyName);
                        string name = (string)versionKey.GetValue("Version", "");
                        string sp = versionKey.GetValue("SP", "").ToString();
                        string install = versionKey.GetValue("Install", "").ToString();
                        if (install == "") //no install info, ust be later
                            Console.WriteLine(versionKeyName + "  " + name);
                        else
                        {
                            if (sp != "" && install == "1")
                            {
                                Console.WriteLine(versionKeyName + "  " + name + "  SP" + sp);
                            }

}
                        if (name != "")
                        {
                            continue;
                        }
                        foreach (string subKeyName in versionKey.GetSubKeyNames())
                        {
                            RegistryKey subKey = versionKey.OpenSubKey(subKeyName);
                            name = (string)subKey.GetValue("Version", "");
                            if (name != "")
                                sp = subKey.GetValue("SP", "").ToString();
                            install = subKey.GetValue("Install", "").ToString();
                            if (install == "") //no install info, ust be later
                                Console.WriteLine(versionKeyName + "  " + name);
                            else
                            {
                                if (sp != "" && install == "1")
                                {
                                    Console.WriteLine("  " + subKeyName + "  " + name + "  SP" + sp);
                                }
                                else if (install == "1")
                                {
                                    Console.WriteLine("  " + subKeyName + "  " + name);
                                }

}

}

}
                }
            }
        }
    }
}
0 Kudos
CarolGhostine
Esri Contributor
Hi Benoit,

Could you please make your webmap shared to everyone if you dont mind, as I cannot open the dashboard you are using.

Thanks
Carol
0 Kudos
BenoitMetzger
New Contributor II
Hi Carol,

apologies for the ate reply... I just made the web map and feature service public.

Cheers.
0 Kudos
TomAudley
New Contributor
Hi, all.

I am unable to open the Operations Dashboard on 64 bit Windows 7 Professional. I have tried on 2 different machines with the same result. I was able to install and open on a 32 bit test machine I have. Attached are the .NET Runtime and Application Error messages from the Event Logs.

Anyone else having issues on 64 bit?

Thanks!

Tom
0 Kudos
RobertBurke
Esri Contributor
Hi Tom,
I am not sure if this is the correct solution.  But in the error messages you posted it appears that you have the .NET Framework 4.0... but you need 4.5.  This linked article explains more:

http://support.esri.com/en/knowledgebase/techarticles/detail/40833

Please let me know if this helps
0 Kudos
nicogis
MVP Frequent Contributor
seeing http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/81493-Operations-Dashboard-won-t-open-on-64-bit-desktop seems there is a problem with Windows 7 64bit ...
0 Kudos
TomAudley
New Contributor
Thanks for taking a look, Rob. I had overlooked that line of the error message. I definitely had the .NET Framework 4.5 installed, and after uninstalling and reinstalling both .NET and Operations Dashboard, I continue to receive the same error.

I followed the instructions from Microsoft to determine which version of the .NET framework I have installed, and attached is a view of my registry. The version at the end of the "Install Path" value matches the version in the Error message, however the "Version" value does show 4.5.

Any other ideas for what to try to get this working?

Thanks for the help!

Tom
0 Kudos