Newly created field does not appear in indicator option

11-26-2019 07:17 PM
MuhammadYasir
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I have created a field (let name it age) in one of the map layers through map viewer. The field type of age is double. The age field contains the total number of years. I use the same layer in 'indicator' feature of the operation dashboard. I want to show the sum of age field. When I change the statistic value from count to sum, field dropdown comes up. Field dropdown does not contain the age field. Could anyone guide me where am I making the mistake please?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerrickWestoby
Occasional Contributor III

Hi Muhammad, 

You said "I have created a field (let name it age) in one of the map layers through map viewer", which makes me think that you used Arcade to create this new attribute? If that is the case, those attributes are (frustratingly) not available in Operations dashboard. 

If I'm wrong on that, are you working with a view layer of an underlying feature layer?  If that is the case and you added a new field to the hosted feature layer, you'll need to go into the "configure popup" menu in the map viewer for the view layer and check the box to display your new attribute. 

Hope this helps, 

Derrick 

0 Kudos
MuhammadYasir
New Contributor III

Hi Derrick,

Yes, I was creating a field in one of the map layers through map viewer by using Arcade. I am working with a view layer of an underlying feature layer. I tried "configure pop". I wish it could have been that simple. However, unfortunately, it's not. Esri's' developers and testers are trying their level best to make sure that at the end of the day all users of operation dashboard moved to some other platform. Hats off to them.  

0 Kudos