Multi Layer Analysis in Dashboards

03-13-2020 01:48 PM
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

Good afternoon,

I am using Dashboards for Arcgis to set up some basic visual statistics. I'm trying to get a count of how many points there are in a polygon. To be specific, how many jobs there are in each county. I haven't been able to figure out a way to do this in Dashboards. It seems like you can only do statistics/analysis on one layer at a time. Does anyone know if it's possible to do analysis on more than layer at a time?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Adam,

> I'm trying to get a count of how many points there are in a polygon. To be specific, how many jobs there are in each county.

Yes, it is possible to select a feature in one layer, to filter features in another layer. This is configured in the Map element > Layer Actions tab. Basically, you would configure a filter when features are selected on one layer > to filter features in another layer. Please see this help topic,

Actions—Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS | Documentation 

Hope this helps,

AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

Derek,

Thank you for that! I was able to find and configure the filter layer. The problem I'm having now is my count of jobs is not changing when I click on a county. The jobs outside of the selected county are no longer showing, but the count element does not update. Here is what it looks like on the back end

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Adam,

Sorry for the late reply.

> The problem I'm having now is my count of jobs is not changing when I click on a county. The jobs outside of the selected county are no longer showing, but the count element does not update. 

You will also have to set a filter action on the "count element", which I think is an Indicator element.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
AdamBakiera
Occasional Contributor

Hey Derek,

So I'm looking on the back end of the Indicator element, and I'm not seeing the tab/button for 'Actions' that I see on other elements such as the pie chart. Reading through the article you posted, it looks as though the Indicator element can't be an action source. Do you know if this will be supported in the future?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Adam,

In my previous post, I meant: can you configure the Indicator element to be the target of an action from the Map element.

> ... it looks as though the Indicator element can't be an action source. Do you know if this will be supported in the future?

Correct, the Indicator element cannot be the source of an action. Please vote for this enhancement request,

Allow ability to configure actions for indicators in Operations Dashboard

This helps us assess the interest from the user community.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos