March 2022 update of Dashboards malfunction with embedded Surveys

Jump to solution
03-23-2022 07:04 AM
TylerBragg2
Occasional Contributor II

I just discovered this morning (March 23, 2022) that the newest update to Dashboards (released on March 22, 2022 from the best information I can find) has broken the functionality of embedded surveys.  Specifically, non-public facing surveys that require ArcGIS Online org credentials.  It seems as though the Dashboard is not passing the logged-in user credentials to the embedded survey, thus restricting access to the survey and causing an error that the user does not have permission to access the survey.  

This is causing a significant impact to our organization, so I did file a support request and have a case assigned.  I was also informed that the problem has been reported to ESRI already and has been identified as a Bug (BUG-000147847).  I have officially escalated the bug, so that's about all I can do at this point.  

I didn't see any posts about this when I searched this morning, so I wanted to get something out there for any others who are experiencing this issue.  I spent quite a bit of time attempting to identify the problem on my end, thinking it was something that I had wrong on my end.  So hopefully this will save someone else the time in doing that.  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TylerBragg2

This BUG has been marked as closed and, after some initial testing, it appears as if functionality has been restored.  Thanks ESRI team for the speedy resolution to this problem!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @TylerBragg2 ,

Sorry for the incovenience.

Can you please confirm if your case is the same with https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-questions/embedded-form-in-dashboards-no-longer-openi... ?

0 Kudos
TylerBragg2

@ZhifangWang Thanks for your quick response!  After reviewing the thread at the link you posted, it appears that I am experiencing the same issue, so we can let the responses be directed to that thread.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
TylerBragg2

This BUG has been marked as closed and, after some initial testing, it appears as if functionality has been restored.  Thanks ESRI team for the speedy resolution to this problem!

BrianHoffheins
New Contributor

This issue is has still not been resolved in my organization.  I have multiple dashboards with surveys embedded and only myself(admin account) can properly see the survey. The rest of my team sees www.arcgis.com refused to connect error.

0 Kudos
ZhifangWang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @BrianHoffheins ,

Would you mind sharing more information?

• Did all your dashboards with surveys embedded work well (you and your org members can both access the survey) before the Survey123 update on 3/22?
  • Are all dashboards cannot work for your org members or only some of them?
  • Are the embedded surveys and all your team members in the same org with you or either of them is outside your org?
  • Do you use ArcGIS Dashboard in ArcGIS Enterprise (if yes, which version?) or in ArcGIS Online?
0 Kudos
DanielLoegelCMS
New Contributor II

We did run into the same issue of our embedded surveys not working after the AGOL update the night before. Always causes a bit of a panic when they stop working. Clearing the browser cache solved the issue.