List Widget Code

04-04-2014 08:28 AM
PatrickWhysong
New Contributor
I am investigating building a new widget using the ArcGIS Runtime WPF SDK for the Operations Dashboard.  Does the code exist for the List Widget for download?  I would really like to build something similar to the List widget plus more custom functionality within the list result.  Or is there a way to extend the list widget?

Thanks
Pat
0 Kudos
2 Replies
TifPun
by
Occasional Contributor II
Hi Pat,

The source code of Operations Dashboard is not open and the built-in functions are not extensible, so a custom widget will be the way to go. However, there is a Dashboard sample implementing a list widget with feature actions that comes with the WPF SDK. The location of the sample's source code is typically at: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\WPF10.2.3\sdk\samples\sampleapplication\Operations Dashboard Samples\WidgetWithFeatureActionsCS. You can take it as a reference when you develop your custom list widget.

Thanks and any questions please let me know,

Tif
0 Kudos
PatrickWhysong
New Contributor
Hi Tif
Thank you for confirming about the List Widget.  In the mean time I was able to create a custom widget to consume the result of the List Widget.  However I am unable to actually execute a query against the List Widget Datasource.  Would you happen to know if there is an actual example of consuming the List Widget result as a datasource from within a custom widget?

Also, I am very new to the ArcGIS Runtime WPF SDK, so I apologize in advance if this is a newbie question.

Thanks
Pat

Hi Pat,

The source code of Operations Dashboard is not open and the built-in functions are not extensible, so a custom widget will be the way to go. However, there is a Dashboard sample implementing a list widget with feature actions that comes with the WPF SDK. The location of the sample's source code is typically at: C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS SDKs\WPF10.2.3\sdk\samples\sampleapplication\Operations Dashboard Samples\WidgetWithFeatureActionsCS. You can take it as a reference when you develop your custom list widget.

Thanks and any questions please let me know,

Tif
0 Kudos