Labeling supported in Operations Dashboard?

Jump to solution
07-25-2014 07:00 AM
JustinNettleton
Occasional Contributor

I was very excited to see that ArcGIS online now supports labeling. But when I use the same map in my operations dashboard, the labels are not showing up. Is labeling not supported in Dashboard yet, or am I just missing something?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AdamRepsher
Occasional Contributor III
0 Kudos
5 Replies
AdamRepsher

It all depends on how you set things up and what kind of service that you are using.

If you are using your own install of ArcGIS for Server‌ and a Map Service, you can see labels within Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS.  If you are using a Feature Service, it does not support Labeling directly.

BUT recently, ArcGIS Online‌ added labeling to the Web Map for either the Map Service or Feature Service - which can be seen in Operations Dashboard!  Please see this document for instructions:

http://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/create-labels.htm

The labeling options are limited, but it is better than nothing!

I hope this helps!

--Adam

EDIT: So, just now, I FULLY read your post. 

I remember having this problem.  When I was working with it, I found that you could not use the "/0" service (ID: 0).  You have to use the service ending in "/FeatureServer".

Now I just tried to duplicate all of this and nothing is working!

Sorry - Back to the drawing board.

0 Kudos
DanAllen

As the original post stated, I created a map in ArcGIS.com, turned on labels and they work great.  But when I consume that same ArcGIS.com map in the operations dashboard, the labels do not show up.  Does anyone know when this will be fixed?

Dan

0 Kudos
AdamRepsher
0 Kudos
AhmedAbd_El_Aziz
New Contributor

as workaround

if you could enable <label features> from ArcMap before Publishing service, you'll get this view at Ops Dashboard Desktop edition

OpsDashboar_Label.png

0 Kudos
AllanLambert
New Contributor III

Labels in Dashboard.  My workaround in the new online Dashboard was to add my map with labels as Embedded Content URL instead of adding as a Map.  I don't know if Embedded Content has always been in the dropdown with graph, pie chart, map, serial chart, indicator, but it works.  I can't tell the difference between adding as a Map vs adding as Embedded Content.  I can also use the Batch Editing widget in the map within Dashboard.

0 Kudos