Select to view content in your preferred language

Keep selected feature highlighted after flashing

09-13-2022 10:04 AM
MPach
by
Occasional Contributor II

I'm using a category selector to filter our sewer mains based on specific lift station basin area when it's chosen in the dropdown. I have it set to pan and zoom to the area then flash the area. I'd like to keep the selection of the area visible highlighted after the flash stops. Is there a way to do that?

Just to make it more clear here is what I'm looking to do. I'd like to keep some color highlight, in the case below it would be cyan of the area that is in focus. Sorry for the poor tracing job on the boundary. 

MPach_0-1663168554876.png

I've seen this asked a few times and it never seems to get an answer. I'd think that something along these lines would be doable, but I suppose it may not be. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
KellyKnapp35
New Contributor III

Hi @MPach - I had a similar scenario.   I enabled the Render Only When Filtered in the Filter Action.  Then only the selected polygon/area from the category selector is visible.  It is kind of a work around.

MPach
by
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the response. I know what you mean and that would work if I was only working with one layer with polygon areas, but there are 2 other layers that I have, which I have to hide because the map would look terrible with them all on, hence why I kind of need the feature highlight to be retained after the flashing stops in order to identify the area. 

0 Kudos