Is this a bug in Dashboard Category Selector?

Jump to solution
09-07-2021 12:47 PM
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

When using hosted feature service web map, the Dashboard Category Selector works very well. But once switch to map image service in web map, the "Show data table" button in Category Selector configuration does not work any more. Also, I can load the grouped categories, but only display "No Data" item, other checkboxes won't be displayed.

Does Dashboard Category Selector only work with hosted feature service not map image service? Or is this a bug?

Thanks

Rose

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

For those who may encounter the same issue, I have narrowed down the problem. The problem is with the map service using composite columns as unique indexes.

The workaround mentioned in this document works!

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/ops-dashboard/data-management/using-query-layers-in-dashbo...

Rose

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

After looking into ArcGIS Server Manager log file, I found an error message generated when clicking on he "Show data table" button in Category Selector configuration:

Geodatabase error: DBMS does NOT support this function. DBMS does NOT support this function.

Checked in the "Developer's tool " of Google Chrome, found the Query String Parameters used in the query is as follows:

QueryParameters.PNG

I can re-produce the error by query the map service layer REST end point directly with above parameters. But if I remove the "resultRecordCount: 500" parameter, it works. The map service is published from a geospatial view of PostgreSQL enterprise geodatabase. Am I missing something in PostgreSQL geodatabase?

Thanks

Rose

RoseZhou2
Occasional Contributor

For those who may encounter the same issue, I have narrowed down the problem. The problem is with the map service using composite columns as unique indexes.

The workaround mentioned in this document works!

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/ops-dashboard/data-management/using-query-layers-in-dashbo...

Rose

0 Kudos