Indicator Widget Not Returning Correct Value

01-24-2022 06:53 AM
mpboyle
Occasional Contributor III

We recently updated our Enterprise system to 10.9.1, and have noticed that indicator widgets are not always returning correct values.

I have double-checked that the layer in the web map has a refresh interval, and it does, which is set to 0.5 minutes.  The table in the web map shows correct data.  If I preview the table in the dashboard, the data is correct.  However, the indicator value is NOT correct.

Below is an example.  We have a table where I could use either the row count or max ID value to return the number of rows within the table.  In this example, the value should be 18.  The indicator widget does not seem to update though.  If I refresh the page, the correct value will show, but if we leave the page open, the indicator value never seems to change on it's own as it should.

There are more than one indicator widgets where this seems to occur in our dashboard.

Any reason why this would no longer seem to work in 10.9.1...?

The dataset within the web map is a feature layer published from ArcGIS Server, it is not versioned, and is not archived.

I have also noticed the issue with indicators seems to be specific when using "Statistic" as the Value Type.  If I use "Feature" as the Value Type, it seems to auto-refresh as expected.

mpboyle_1-1643035640022.png

mpboyle_2-1643035891174.png

23 Replies
BrianWilson3
Occasional Contributor

They should really release a patch for this.  I never do the short term .0 builds due to issues almost every time i have in the past.  I'll wait for 11.1.  Guess its Arcade expressions until then.  

0 Kudos
mpboyle

There is now an Esri patch for ArcGIS Server 10.9.1 that appears to address this issue.

https://support.esri.com/en/download/8028

0 Kudos
mpboyle

We installed this patch last night, and our dashboards are now updating ArcGIS Server services as expected when using statistic indicators.  This dashboard has been running since we noticed the issue, and the indicators using ArcGIS Server as the source are now updating when data is refreshed.

0 Kudos
CassidyKillian
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks for the update!  Good to hear it fixed the issue.

0 Kudos