Indicator on operation dashboard does not attach as target

12-16-2019 07:17 PM
MuhammadYasir
New Contributor III

Hi there,

I have created a couple of indicators, both have got date filter on it and both have reference values too. I want to attach those two indicators as a filter on other components (i.e. list). However, when I go to the action of the list and click on 'add target' drop-down list, both indicators are greyed out. 

I have a feeling that indicators are grey out in add target drop-down list because I applied date filter. If that is the case, then  could anyone know any other technique to used those indicators as the target components? Waiting for your reply.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DavidNyenhuis1
Esri Contributor

Hi Muhammad, 

Sorry to hear about this issue. The date filter applied to the indicators _shouldn't_ cause any problems. When configuring a filter action, targeting Indicators that have a reference statistic are a bit different than indicators without one. The indicator name is listed, but you must specify if you want to target the query for the "value" part of the indicator or the "reference" part of the indicator (or both).

Could this be what you are running into? If you don't see the Reference and Value breakdown and the Indicator name is grayed out, then it sounds like a bug. In that case, I encourage you to contact support so the team has a reproducible case to look into.

0 Kudos
MuhammadYasir
New Contributor III

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I don't see the reference and value breakdown and the indicator name is grayed out. I noticed that if I create the indicator and put the reference and value in it and try to attach as target then the indicator is greyed out. However, if I create a simple indicator first (with value only), attached it as the target value, and then put the reference in indicator then it works. But then I noticed that it only update the value, not the reference value (which is statistic) when we click on the action tasks. 

0 Kudos
DavidNyenhuis1
Esri Contributor

Hi Muhammad,

That sounds strange. For the Reference statistic, is the layer a map service by chance? There are some limitations on nested map service layers when it comes to actions (unless you add the sublayer directly to your map). 

If this is not the case, I suggest you reach out to support for help and/or to log the bug. 

All the best

0 Kudos