hide the map in OD

07-04-2018 01:37 AM
eyadghatasheh
New Contributor III

Hi

How Can I hide the map in an operations dashboard?. I just added the feature class to be able to publish a geodatabase table and want to show non spatial statistics on the dashboard only.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Eyad,

> How Can I hide the map in an operations dashboard?

You can create a new Operations Dashboard app without having a map element. Just create a new dashboard with no map element. If you access Ops Dashboard from the Map Viewer, a map element is added by default, but you can simply delete it, then add a different element, then browse to a data source directly.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
eyadghatasheh
New Contributor III

Hi Derek

I tried that;but the issue is once I delete the map element, it deletes all elements and I have to recreate and design them all from scratch.

DerekLaw

Hi Eyad,

> ... the issue is once I delete the map element, it deletes all elements

I do not observe this behavior. For all of your elements, when you specify the data source - you need to browse directly to it's location - separate from referencing the data layer(s) in the map.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
VHolubec
Esri Regular Contributor

Dear Derek Law 

I want to to bring back this issue. I need to display EditorDate field in a list form Hosted Feature table. In the non-map Dashboard. The problem is that the date is in US format and the date format can be changed just in pop-up settings in map. 

So If I the map is missing in the Dashboard, I am not able to format the date to one common in Europe - Day/Month/Year. For European users, the US format month/day/year can be very confusing. 

So I would like to ask, if there is a option how to hide a map element in Operations Dashboard?

Thank you,

Vladimir

Vladimir
DerekLaw

Hi Vladimir,

> ... if there is a option how to hide a map element in Operations Dashboard?

If a Map element is present in the dashboard, then no - there is no way to hide it in the display. Sorry. Please post an enhancement on the ArcGIS Ideas site for ArcGIS Dashboards.

Hope this helps,

DiegoLlamasOlivares
Occasional Contributor

Hello Derek,

I have an issue with OD, I have a table that I need to refresh. I am able to refresh my single table (hosted) using a web map and I use update interval in order to refresh the changes from the table that is updated. If i use the item in the OD, i am not able to refresh data without close chrome tab or refresh it manually.

Is there a way to do that without map option in OD?

Regard,s

DLL

0 Kudos