Group Value filtering issue (possibly language/font issue)

12-26-2019 10:24 PM
JinhoKang3
New Contributor II

I'm trying to create a category selector in header panel to filter out the area based on province name in Korean language.

I made it sure that the correct feature layer gets filtered under the actions tab, and the interface displays everything correctly.

However, when I select one of the province, the map displays nothing. It filters out everything including the selected group value.

So I tried to convert the Korean-font-value field to english to see if it's a language issue, and it seems like it's an language/font issue.

I configured the group value to use the english-converted field, and tested out the filter, and it displayed the selected value correctly. (This case, City of Seoul)

Is this a known bug/issue? I'd be happy to share the data.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jinho,

> ... when I select one of the province, the map displays nothing. It filters out everything including the selected group value. ... So I tried to convert the Korean-font-value field to english to see if it's a language issue, and it seems like it's an language/font issue.

Can you please contact esri Tech Support and open an incident? They are the best folks to help you investigate if this might be a bug. You can share your data with them and provide detailed steps to reproduce the issue.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
JinhoKang3
New Contributor II

Hi Derek. 

Esri Korea is assisting with this issue. Esri Case #02464614 

Apparently, the "Use Standardized Queries" configuration is set to 'False' in ArcGIS Online's 'services1' server.

HQ's engineer is looking into it at the moment.

Thanks!