Select to view content in your preferred language

Group by date in Table

03-07-2024 05:22 AM
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

I have a serial chart showing number of calls received by month. This groups on date and is set to have a minimum period of 1 month. I would like to add the same information in table form. However, for some reason you cannot group by a date field (and therefore not have the minimum period of 1 month). It seems very strange as the technology can obviously do this as it can create the graph. I just need it in table form.

Does anyone know if there is a work around for this as it is vital that customers can see the table as well as the graph.

Thanks

0 Kudos
2 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

One way around this limitation is to use a Data Expression. You can group your data by month in your expression, then return the result as its own data source. In this scenario, you'd have the table set to "features", not "grouped valued", since the grouping happens in the expression.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you - I will have to look into that. I presume that will require some knowledge of arcade?

I just can understand why they have missed this feature out. If I download the summaries data, it immediately creates the exact table I want!!

0 Kudos