Formatting Files for Dashboard

03-10-2023 08:46 AM
AshleighReeves
New Contributor III

I am trying my best to use the ESRI dashboard, I usually use Tableau for this but my organization likes the mapping functionality of ESRI more than Tableau. What I am struggling with is how to organize my data so that it does what I need it to- as of right now I have 2 shapefiles, 1 point and 1 polygon. What I am trying to do is when the user selects a county from the top map it will highlight the landfills that county sends to. Right now the data for the polygon file is Counties as the rows and the landfills (by year) as the fields. The point file is the landfills as the rows and the counties (by year) as the fields. So obviously Arc cannot figure out how the two connect. How should I be storing this data so that you can have that functionality. 

Would you store it like in Tableau where you have each combination but then wouldn't you end up with multiple polygons or points on top of one another? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Below is the URL to the draft application to show what I am trying to build. I have also attached the shapefiles so you can see how I currently have them stored. 

https://gnrc.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/e7740bf622a44ff5ac87f628a6ff10cb

0 Kudos
0 Replies