Select to view content in your preferred language

Formatting date hover text to show only month and year in dashboard serial chart

09-08-2023 03:22 PM
Labels (1)
JimMiller3
Occasional Contributor

I've seen a few posts about date values in dashboard serial charts. They mostly seem related to date data being interpreted as strings. This dashboard idea post is similar to my issue. 

My attribute data is coming in just fine. I have the X (category) axis showing month and year. The problem is that the text hover on the serial chart shows month, year and day. I don't want the day number to show - it is a placeholder value. I want the text-hover to be just month and year. 

This is what I currently have:

serial_chart_hover.jpg

Below is what I want. Even better if month could be represented as the name, i.e. Nov, shown in the X axis.

serial_chart_hover_goal.jpg

Update: As a possible workaround, I generated a date value that is the last day of a respective month. The goal: to try to convey to the viewer that the displayed value is through the end of that month. But the dashboard serial chart hover-text still shows the first day of the month. 

Could a data expression get the desired result and, if so, how would one craft it? Or is there a simpler solution? Thank you.

0 Kudos
0 Replies