Filtering performance of Hosted vs Referenced services

07-22-2022 12:50 PM
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I have a dashboard with a single map, several pie's, graphs and indicators.

All of these reference the same service containing approx 15k records.

There's a date filter that filters all of the map, pies, charts and indicators by the same attribute.

If I use a feature or map service that REFERENCES the data in our Oracle 19c RDBMS, performance of this dashboard, and associated filtering of the data, is horribly slow and unusable. This service is set to return 20k records from the server.

If I use a HOSTED map service it's lightening quick.

My problem is this is dynamic dataset that changes hourly - hence the need for a dashboard. What am I doing wrong here that is resulting ins such terrible performance?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ahargreaves_FW
Occasional Contributor III

As follow up I watched the CPU performance on our Oracle DB server:

1. Opening up this operations dashboard causes the DB Server to immediately spike to 100% and stay there constantly. The culprit is the 'Oracle RDBMS Kernel Executable' consuming all the memory. Any subsequent calls to the DB server get queued and take a long time to make their way back to the operations dashboard, if at all.
  2. I used the WAB dashboard template to build as close to a replica of my Operations dashboard as possible using the same web map. Opening up and using this to query the data causes CPU spike of no more than 60% for a second on the DB server.

Any ideas why Operations Dashboard is causing the 'Oracle RDBMS Kernel Executable' to constantly hog CPU?

0 Kudos