Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter map on Select using CONTAINS instead of an exact match in ArcGIS Dashboards

08-02-2024 08:29 AM
Labels (1)
AvaPatterson
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to filter the map layers upon a select (in the web map) using contains instead of an exact match of a field in ArcGIS Dashboards? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, using filter actions between widgets needs an exact match. Experience Builder lets you use a "contains" filter, but I know it's not always the right choice. What's your use case? Is using EB instead of dashboards an option?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
AvaPatterson
Occasional Contributor

I want to be able to filter the map by outfall designation upon select. However, some storm mains, manholes, and inlets have multiple outfall designations in the field ("OF1-OF2-OF3").

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yeah, there won't be an easy way to do that. If you really want to use a Dashboard, you might be able to use a Data Expression to sort of "break apart" the field. Getting it to interact with the map would be tricky, though.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
AvaPatterson
Occasional Contributor

Is there a way to do it in Experience Builder? I didn't think so since it doesn't have arcade (yet..)

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Experience Builder's Filter widget lets you do "contains", so there'd be no need for any fancy expressions.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
AvaPatterson
Occasional Contributor

Can you make it filter on select within the map? Instead of using the filter widget.

0 Kudos