Filter in Dashboard

Jump to solution
07-14-2021 07:22 AM
ChiZhang2
New Contributor II

Is there a way to add a filter function to the dashboard where all features show when app loads and only filters when the user selects in the drop-down? I tried Category Selector but a value is always selected by default.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EmilyMcLeanACTGOV
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ChiZhang2 , when you set up the category selector, you need to toggle the None option, which you can rename (I tend to call it 'All'). You can then set the none option to be at the beginning of the list, and so the category that automatically selected when the dashboard first loads. Documentation on the none option for the category selector can be found here

Emily

View solution in original post

4 Replies
RPGIS
by
Occasional Contributor III

I am not quite sure what filters you are looking to apply but there are ways to set different kinds of filters using the filter widget in Web App Builder dashboard layout. I don't know about Dashboards itself since I primarily use Web App Builder when creating dashboards.

0 Kudos
ChiZhang2
New Contributor II

My scenario is that I have a map and a list of features, when a user filters/selects a zip code (each feature has a zip code value), both the map and the list only show features with that zip code. 

0 Kudos
EmilyMcLeanACTGOV
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ChiZhang2 , when you set up the category selector, you need to toggle the None option, which you can rename (I tend to call it 'All'). You can then set the none option to be at the beginning of the list, and so the category that automatically selected when the dashboard first loads. Documentation on the none option for the category selector can be found here

Emily
ChiZhang2
New Contributor II

That worked. Thanks!