Feature search shows untitled

Jump to solution
05-18-2018 01:42 PM
MikeOnzay
Occasional Contributor III

I configured a web map used by Operations Dashboard to search on a feature. In the web map the search works as expected. When I search for the feature in OD I see this. Clicking on an untitled will zoom to one of my features. If I type in the entire id, 26903, it will still show untitled and it will zoom to the correct location if I click on it.

feature search untitled

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MikeOnzay

It is a bug. "The bug is actually causing the first field of the layer to always display instead of the selected field for the search suggestions". - ESRI support.  In my case, I'm using the assignments layer from a workforce project. Description is the first field. The work around would be to add the work order id value to the description field for every record. Not something I want to do. Hopefully, this is an easy fix for the developers and I will see it in the next release.

BUG-000113864

View solution in original post

8 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

I just tested this workflow and was unable to reproduce this behavior. What kind of layer did you enable the search on? Is it a hosted feature service or something else?

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

Hosted. It is an assignments feature service from a Workforce project. I'm trying to search on workOrderId.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Mike,

Apologies for the late reply. I finally had some free time today to try and repro your workflow. I was able to reproduce the behavior you describe: when I attempt to search for a specific workorder ID (from a hosted assignments feature layer in a Workforce for ArcGIS project) I see the same result. I will log this as a bug.

Can you please contact Esri Tech Support and open an incident?

Thanks for your patience and I hope this helps,

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

Thanks for confirming this issue. I've opened an incident.

MikeOnzay

It is a bug. "The bug is actually causing the first field of the layer to always display instead of the selected field for the search suggestions". - ESRI support.  In my case, I'm using the assignments layer from a workforce project. Description is the first field. The work around would be to add the work order id value to the description field for every record. Not something I want to do. Hopefully, this is an easy fix for the developers and I will see it in the next release.

BUG-000113864

deleted-user-Qrnw90viByMg
New Contributor III

Glad I found this... I was really scratching my head trying to fix it in my Operations Dashboard in Portal.  Hopefully the next update for Portal has the bug fix... can anyone confirm whether it was fixed in AGO?

0 Kudos
MikeOnzay

I believe it was fixed. The dashboard I was using when I first reported this issue works as expected. The bug status says "implemented"

Dinesh-PowerBI
New Contributor

I Hope this issue was Not Resolved Yet,

Kindly help me to rename the Untitled Error, Thanks in advance for all experts. 

0 Kudos